Valentine’s Day is all about showering your friends & family with love! But now doesn’t seem like quite the right time to be lavishly celebrating. With wars and earthquakes and mass layoffs and everything else, maybe it’s time to take this crazy Valentine’s Day spending down a notch.
If we can be present, there are plenty of ways to make the day extra special and fun, without breaking the bank. Here’s a few ideas of things that if we stop and pay attention, make us all feel loved and pampered.
- A relaxing bath: You don’t need to spend a trillion dollars going to the spa. This year treat yourself to a relaxing bath. Go crazy with scented candles, bath salts, and a good book. When’s the last time you took the time for a bath? Heck, when’s the last time you read a book?
- A simple heart shaped box of chocolates: Sweets are obvi a classic Valentine’s Day treat. But dude, we’ve rarely, if ever, ran into a bad box of chocolates, so it doesn’t have to be DeLafée of Switzerland. A nice box of chocolates from your local Publix or Walmart will suffice. There is no such thing as a not good heart shaped box of chocolates. Plus it’s kitch and cute.
- Dible Dough Cookie Dough: Oh hay … D-to-the-ible in the house … of course we have to call out our own delicious edible cookie dough as a perfect and unexpected gift for Valentine’s Day. (Or turn our Dible Dough bars into Valentine’s Day cards by downloading our free printable template wrappers here.) Made with all natural ingredients, Dible Dough’s edible cookie dough bar is safe to eat and comes in a variety of flavors like chocolate chip and peanut butter.
- A brand new hardback book: Have you experienced the ASMR zen of cracking open a brand new book for the first time. And have you been able to take some time to relax and escape into a new story. Whether you like romance, mystery, or non-fiction, there’s a book out there for everyone.
- A Me-Time TV night: Curl up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and watch Clueless, without guilt or regret. It’s a perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day if you feel like being alone, or you just want to relax at home.
- Five words: Bacon of the Month Club.
Valentine’s Day is a special day when we should treat ourselves and our loved ones with something special. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, there are many small treats you can give yourself to make the day more enjoyable.